With our phones, the world is at our fingertips, all it takes is literally a tap of our fingers to have an app ready to answer every wish we have, even those we don’t know we have yet. In this maze of icons, notifications and emoji, we selected the best beauty apps out there, those a true beauty enthusiast can’t absolutely go without. Ready, set, download!
1. Sephora To Go. The Olympus of makeup shopping, the substance dreams are made of, call it what you want: Sephora tops everyone, even from the screen of a smartphone. Here you will be able to browse through reviews of products available in the store, create collections, wishlists of your favorite products and watch tutorials exclusively shot for Beauty Insiders.
2. Stash Beauty. If you lost count of the open mascara, of the number of palettes and lipsticks and of the money spent for your beauty, we have the right app for you. Stash allows you to keep an eye on your beauty supplies and alerts you when you are about to finish a product or when your favorite items go on sale. All this connected to your Instagram account in order to be able to buy what’s new directly from the shots of your favorite beauty blogger and influencer.
3. Beautylish. Partly online store, partly community, Beautylish is the app for those who search for and give beauty advices. With the large group of people crowding the forum, learning a new trick everyday to appear impeccable, it’s almost guaranteed: from the tutorial on how to apply eyeliner using a sticky note, to the secret to make your skin appear fresh 24 hours a day.
4. L’Oréal Makeup Genius. If you ever dreamt of trying all the shades of L’Oréal lipsticks without having to go to the stores to use the testers, this is the app for you. After a quick face scan, you will be able to experiment all the looks you want. A genius detail? You don’t even have to take your makeup off!
5. Rituals. A special mention goes to the brand of at-home spa products, that don’t forget our inner beauty. In the app you will find tutorials dedicated to meditation and relax, for 5, 10 or 20 minutes of your time. We can assure you that the rest added to your daily routine will be visible.
Before letting you browse through the stores to download and test these apps, here’s our last advice: when nothing better is available, your selfie camera is still a great option to help you reapply your lipstick!
Text and selection by Giulia Angolini