If you have finally gotten rid of your winter palor, now it’s time to start thinking of how to keep your summer queen status for as long as possible. No one wants to go back to being Snow White once they’re back in the city and fortunately it’s not that difficult to make summer last a bit longer on the skin, especially as we’re here to help you with some strategic advice 😉 Here are our 5 tips to keep your tan a bit longer!
1. Take a cold shower. Hot water tends to stress the skin more and stimulates cellular regeneration quicker. Resist and dive into ice-cold water: it will also be good for your circulation.
2. Hydrate, constantly and a lot. Choose your favorite body lotion and moisturize at least once a day, twice would be even better. Of course if you are supposed to spend the day out in the sun, make sure the cream contains the right level of solar protection.
3. Choose a tan-friendly diet. What does that mean? You should eat lots of food containing beta-carotene, for example carrots, spinach, sweet potatoes and black Italian cabbage.
4. Drink a lot of water. Hydrating the skin also demands a lot of internal effort. Don’t underestimate this step because it will really make a difference on how long your tan will last.
5. Avoid waxing! It’s time to convert to epilating…waxing, aside from stripping hairs, would probably remove the first level of cells, meaning that it will deprive you of the color you achieved after so much hard work, in just a few seconds.
Do you have other advice to share with us? Leave a comment below! 😉